VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
Every year, according to the WHO (World Health Organization), an estimated 40-50 million abortions occur globally. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. The majority of these take place in the developing world.
In order to respond to the tears and pain of both the unborn and women, 10/40 Connections wrote and launched Voice for the Voiceless (VFV). Through our work in Asia, we have discovered that women as well as the unborn need a voice.
Voice for the Voiceless offers an opportunity for women to learn about female reproduction, baby development, nutrition, and abortion. The Gospel is woven throughout. Through interaction, women laugh and cry and reveal their deep anger and resentment that they as females are often valued less than males. Thousands of women leave the teaching empowered and excited about their own value and also the value of pre-born babies!
Voice for the Voiceless has proven effective in decreasing domestic violence, saving marriages, rescuing unborn babies, and building the self-esteem of women. It provides a tangible way for Christians to make a difference in local communities, meeting real felt needs.
Since 2010, the curriculum has been field tested among Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, and Christian audiences as 10/40 and our local partners have hosted health seminars in South Asia and Southeast Asia. Through this process thousands better understand women’s health and reproduction, how babies grow and develop in the womb, and abortion and its consequences.
The curriculum is currently available in English, Hindi, Thai, Urdu, Mandarin, Bengali (x2), Lao, Rongmei, and Nepali languages.
- To help women understand their personal value to God.
- To empower women with basic education about their bodies.
- To enable women to understand the process of baby development and the value God places on each child – whether male or female; whether born or “on-the-way.”
- To decrease the number and rate of abortions in multiple nations – specifically to females who are often valued less than males.
- PRAY – We need people to surround this ministry with prayer. It is a spiritual battle to fight for the unborn. If you would like to pray specifically, please contact us.
- HOST – Host a baby shower which allows others to learn about the curriculum and how they can personally engage.
- GO – If you’re interested in attending a VFV seminar, we welcome you! Contact us!
- LEARN – Educate yourself. Read our eBook Love the Pre-born and the Mother.
- CONTRIBUTE –
$500 – Translate VFV into a new language and provide the initial resource supply bag for a national coordinator.
$150 – Equip and educate 50 participants in a seminar.
$50 – Covers a flipchart and apron used by health trainers.
$10 – Provides a baby blanket for a newborn in our maternity home.
To donate and designate to any of these items, click here.
- ADVOCATE – If your people group, nation, or denomination would like to advocate for life and use this curriculum, please contact us!
Contact us if you are interested.
Jesus said, "Pray the Lord to send out laborers, for the harvest is plentiful, but he workers are few." That is the mission of 10/40 Connections – to follow the example of Jesus by connecting the body of Christ, equipping believers, and engaging the least reached.