WHO WE ARE
We believe the Gospel of the kingdom must be PROCLAIMED to all ethnic groups to COMPLETE the Great Commission.
Proclaiming the Gospel includes both WORD and DEED – the FULL ANSWER to fallen humanity. Jesus reveals this two-pronged strategy in that He both taught and met tangible needs. Truly the harvest is PLENTIFUL, but the workers few.
The Holy Spirit desires his daughters and sons to DISPLAY his truth and make a tangible DIFFERENCE in the broken world.
We envision a Church, ABANDONED IN DEVOTION to Christ and His global purposes, moving the Good News to EVERY PEOPLE GROUP of the earth.
10/40 Connections exists to cast hope to unreached peoples so that they hear, experience and multiply the Good News of Jesus. We do so by connecting the Body of Christ, equipping believers, and engaging the unreached.
OUR CORE VALUES
With a desire to cultivate connections, we practice the following nine core values as an organization.
- 10/40 seeks to allow biblical standards and godly integrity to form the basis of our practice, realizing that God’s kingdom culture stands above all human cultures. (Isaiah 55:8-9, Matthew 6:9-10)
- 10/40 desires that sound missiology inform all of its endeavors as we meet real needs, inspire faith, build capacity, minimize dependence, and maximize sustainable efforts. (Proverbs 11:14, John 15:8, Ephesians 4:11-16)
- 10/40 values the Church as God’s primary tool for announcing his kingdom and demonstrating God’s justice/righteousness to a broken world. (Psalm 89:14-15, Matthew 6:33)
- 10/40 emphasizes relational partnering with believers in the 10/40 Window and with US churches, encouraging and mobilizing both groups toward God’s heart for the nations. (Ephesians 2:19-22, Philippians 1:3-5)
- 10/40 focuses its primary attention on the 10/40 Window where 95% of the world’s least reached people groups reside. (Matthew 24:14, Revelation 7:9-10)
- 10/40 stands with Christ and his Word and Deed ministry which impacts the whole society and emphasizes the whole person experiencing both an abundant and an eternal life with God. (Luke 4:18-19, Isaiah 61:1-3)
- 10/40 affirms that, as a reflection of God’s Trinitarian community, believers should strive to live with authentic, unified community (though not uniform community), where all parties seek to practice the “one another” principles of Scripture. (John 17:21-23, Romans 12:9-15)
- 10/40 affirms that God the Holy Spirit empowers and gifts all believers to accomplish His purposes in the world, and that God distributes His gifts regardless of nationality, class, gender, or ethnicity. (Ephesians 4:11-12, Acts 10:34-35)
- 10/40 affirms that God’s character serves as the foundation for morality. Based on God’s character, 10/40 adheres to the marriage covenant between one man and one woman for life and to the sanctity of life. (Genesis 1:31, Leviticus 19:2, John 10:10)
WE PUSH SUSTAINABILITY.
Jump-starting initiatives is fun, but maintaining from the outside can cripple. Therefore, we move toward making each of our projects self-sustainable by funds from local sources.
WE COUNTER THE CULTURE.
WE BELIEVE WOMEN ARE GOD’S “SECRET WEAPONS.”
To learn more about how to get involved – click here.
Jesus said, "Pray the Lord to send out laborers, for the harvest is plentiful, but he workers are few." That is the mission of 10/40 Connections – to follow the example of Jesus by connecting the body of Christ, equipping believers, and engaging the least reached.