LUNCH CHANGE SCHOOLS
“Whatever you did for one of the least of the these…”
Aiming for “whole life change,” the Lunch Change Initiative starts pre-schools in Asia’s urban slum areas. These schools affect powerful change in the lives of individual children, whole families, and entire communities. Lunch Change addresses a child’s physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs, extending justice and hope in the name of Jesus.
The Lunch Change Initiative:
- Establishes schools in slum areas for at-risk children.
- Feeds, educates, and provides health clinics for 30 children per school, showing daily the love of Christ through kind teachers.
- Plants multiplying house churches in least reached slum areas, providing hope and dignity among people who have never heard of Christ.
- Produces schools that are self-sustaining as newly formed house churches give their tithes and offerings. This model decreases dependence and builds the capacity of local communities.
Currently 10/40’s Lunch Change Initiative has:
- 550 children educated and fed daily.
- 70+ house churches established (with 693+ new believers).
- 22 of 22 schools self-sustained by local tithes.
Living in an urban slum, Lucky’s life changed greatly because of a Lunch Change school. Lucky’s father struggled with seizures and experienced multiple other problems related to his drinking and gambling. When Lucky’s mother told his Lunch Change school teachers about their family problems, the teachers prayed regularly for Lucky’s father. Soon, Lucky’s mother came to follow Jesus and she quit her tobacco habit. Later Lucky’s dad also believed Jesus and has now stopped his bad habits and has been seizure-free since the teachers began to pray for him. This family has seen Jesus transform their physical, emotional, financial and spiritual lives.
A house church has begun in Lucky’s small home, and the parents recently named their newborn daughter “Stuti” which means “praise” in the local language.
How you and your group/church can get involved:
Pray: For the wonderful teachers of the schools. Pray that each child will know they are loved. Pray the house churches will grow solid and deep!
Mobilize: Host a 10/40 Connections speaker at your church or business. Or bring the Lunch Change Challenge to your church, school, small group, or business!
Give: $2.56 per week will feed and educate a child ($133/year per child). $4,000 covers a whole school for one academic year. To contribute, click here and include “Lunch Change” in the designation line.
Go: Short-term trips are arranged periodically. Individuals with teacher experience are especially desirable.
Jesus said, "Pray the Lord to send out laborers, for the harvest is plentiful, but he workers are few." That is the mission of 10/40 Connections – to follow the example of Jesus by connecting the body of Christ, equipping believers, and engaging the least reached.